Building, testing and shaping prototypes to learn about your ideas is essential in creating products, services and experiences that connect and create long-term meaningful relationships.
This course is a two-day immersive ‘how to' into the world of building, testing and shaping; the vital elements of products, services and experiences to enable success. You will examine how to: determine what to build, express an idea and dig below what people tell you they like and don’t like in order to shape the ideal concept.
The course will debunk myths about prototyping, as well as teach you the three different types of prototyping (for value, usefulness and usability) necessary at different stages of the process. We will teach you how to integrate this way of thinking and working into your current practise and processes.
Who should attend:
Ideal for those who have completed the 1-day or 2-day design thinking bootcamps, or those who have prior design thinking or prototyping / testing experience.
- Identify the key moments where prototyping, testing and shaping takes place
- Understand the process, methods and mindset that relate to prototyping practise
- Understand the different types of prototyping and testing — for value, usefulness and usability
- Understand how to prototype and test products, services and experiences
- Understand the importance of, and how to embody, good testing methods
- Discuss common prototyping methods used by designers and learn how to apply them to your organisation
- Experience prototyping, testing and shaping - how to determine what to build, how to gather information from people, making sense of that information and shaping your idea
- Link prototyping back to your role and organisation
The days are split into a number of key learning moments:
Day 1: Building your prototypes — products, services and experiences
- Introduction to prototyping, testing and shaping
- Introduction to prototyping — building to learn mindset
- The art of building prototypes for product design
- The art of building prototypes for service and experience design
Day 2: Testing and shaping your products, services and experiences
- Preparing to test
- Testing products
- Testing services and experiences
- Shaping and iteration
- How to storytell to management
- Takeaways and follow up pledges
This course is hands-on and fully immersive. Expect a mix of activities to enable you to learn-by-doing; complemented by academic rigor and grounded in business reality.
The course has a maximum of 16 participants. It will consist of individual, pair, and small group work, interspersed with presentations and large group discussions guided by lecturers/facilitators.
Full catering (lunch and breaks) is provided to allow for continued discussion and networking among participants.
Matthew Ellingsen and Tina Shirmohammadi
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.