It takes confidence and skill to facilitate group meetings especially online. Meetings are supposed to be interactive and productive, and there can be many barriers to achieving that. As we find ourselves turning more and more to online interactions, whether by choice or not, there are surprising benefits too. Meetings are a valuable source of connection when your team works remotely.
This workshop will help you get better results with a group of people - regardless of your level of skill and experience, and regardless whether you are face-to-face or online.
Who should attend:
The online Facilitation Skills for Meetings workshop is for anyone who facilitates group meetings (your own team, project groups, focus groups, etc.).
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Use a simple, thorough and flexible planning process
- Engage with your audience and break down barriers
- Choose appropriate processes to uncover needs and gather information, guide them through making decisions or create solutions
- Make meetings interesting, interactive and worthwhile
- Manage group dynamics and conflict
- Answer questions or concerns that can halt progress.
Just some of the specific benefits include:
- Developing your skills to a level where even you are surprised at how well it went
- Feeling confident and at ease so that talking to a group is as comfortable as talking to friends across a coffee table
- Incorporating what you learn into your own unique style.
- Defining what facilitation is and the key components to using it successfully
- Structuring and designing facilitations
- Setting clear outcomes for group sessions
- Creating team agreements to manage group behaviour
- Understanding your audience
- Setting up a group session
- Creating a supportive environment
- Catering to many communication styles
- Multiple group discussion techniques and processes
- Handling challenging behaviour
- Managing the groups "state"
- Handling "hot" questions
This workshop is highly practical and interactive. We take a maximum of 8 people, so you get one-on-one attention, and everyone gets multiple opportunities to practice.
Course materials or resources will be emailed to you.
Please note: There is a small amount of preparation to do in the evening between day one and day two of the course.
Online course delivery:
Sessions will be delivered live via Zoom.us – participants will need a webcam, mic, desktop/laptop and stable internet connection. You will be sent instructions and the link to join.
Trish Stonestreet or Helen Wise
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.