Whether you train as part of your job or are asked to deliver the odd workshop, this practical workshop will leave you better equipped to deliver training – even in an online environment. You will learn a variety of training tools and techniques that work both face-to-face, and online. You will then have opportunities to practice and gain confidence to use them.
Who should attend:
This workshop is ideal for professionals who need the essentials of effective training delivery as part of their job. It is particularly useful for ‘subject-matter experts’ who need to develop the tools to train others.
- Use a logical, easy-to-follow training structure
- Understand how to meet the learning needs of participants
- Learn and practice tools and techniques for effective training delivery
- Creating a supportive learning environment – online or face-to-face
- Setting up your training so everyone knows what to expect
- Using stories and examples to bring ideas to life
- Creating simple, effective visual aids without resorting to “death-by-PowerPoint”
- Managing your participants’ energy levels and attention span with appropriate state changes
- Keeping the training varied and interesting, and your participants engaged
- Applying simple ways to test your audience’s understanding of your material
- Setting up, running, and debriefing training activities
- Encouraging active participation in group discussions
This workshop is highly practical and interactive. We take a maximum of 8 people, which is the optimal number for an online workshop. There are multiple opportunities to practice and we follow each exercise with a feedback session.
Participants are taught a constructive and supportive feedback model which they use to coach each other.
Split into two consecutive “part” days: 12pm – 4pm, 10am – 2pm
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.