Create and communicate more effective strategies.
Strategy should be interesting but frequently it is anything but. People often dread the invitation to the ‘strategy away day’ and the ensuing debates about ‘what strategy actually means anyway’ and ‘paralysis by analysis’. They are bored by the equally wordy strategic plans that result and which very few people ever read anyway.
This one-day course is based on the book by one of the presenters Professor Stephen Cummings, Strategy Builder: How to create and communicate more effective strategies. It addresses these common problems with creating strategy and outlines solutions that will result in improved strategic engagement in your organisation.
View the Little Strategy Builder video
Who should attend:
This course is for managers, planners, communicators and anyone whose role is to consider, formulate and consult around organisational, group or business strategy.
- Gain a clearer view of the key elements that a strategy can be ‘boiled down’ to
- Learn some of the classic strategy frameworks such as PESTLE analysis, SWOT and VRIO
- Discover new approaches to strategy like Design Thinking, Dynamic Capabilities and Quadruple Bottom-Line
- See how strategy can be more effectively communicated using pictures and drawings
- Use the Strategy Builder process to create a one-page strategy for your organisation or group
In this interactive course, you will work individually and in groups to develop a strategy for your organisation or group.
The course is limited to a maximum of 16 people, so please enrol early.
You will receive a copy of Strategy Builder: How to create and communicate more effective strategies by Stephen Cummings and Duncan Angwin along with the app www.strategyblocks.com.
Stephen Cummings, Professor of Strategy and Innovation, School of Management, Victoria Business School
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.